To review the Asia Pacific’s accomplishments, good practices for diverse populations particularly adolescents and youth, women of reproductive age, men, and the elderly, the different stakeholders’ roles and accountability, lessons learned, issues and challenges in realizing the ICPD-POA and in attaining the SRHR-related MDGs.
- To revisit the ICPD-POA, MDGs, and other SRHR-related commitments of the Asia Pacific countries;
- To systematically review the performance of the Asia Pacific region,sub-regions, and countries including the good SRHR practices and lessons learned for diverse groups and social settings to address the ICPD-POA and in meeting their commitments to achieve the MDGs (4, 5 a & b, and 6);
- To identify the past, current and future roles and accountability of different stakeholders particularly NGOs, national and local governments,and development partners in achieving key SRHR results;
- To elicit new paradigms, innovative ideas, and strategies that would meaningfully address emerging SRHR issues, challenges, accountability of stakeholders beyond 2015 and within the Sustainable Development Goals[SDGs] framework;
- To foster new alliances and to strengthen partnerships and cooperation in SRHR endeavors among diverse stakeholders from the region.